JOSEPH ALAN NARAI
I am a technology innovator with over 25 years of research and development experience having created many world first and award winning products across a wide variety of industries. In that time I have founded several technology based businesses and have held the positions of managing director, chief technology officer, technical director and research and development engineer.
The combination of my talent for real-time system design and development, my passion for intuitive and ergonomic user experiences and my drive to be the first and best in whatever I do, means that I’m in my element when I’m assembling and leading a talented multi-disciplinary team as we create a visionary new product from the spark of an idea.
On the creative side, I am a sound designer and mixer, audio engineer and music composer. I’m also a producer who dabbles in video editing, film-making, graphic design, and am an aspiring writer and director. Recently I’ve been exploring 3D interfaces for virtual reality simulations, game and transmedia experiences.
Finally, I have a passion for space technology, exploration and research and a love of all things science and science fiction. This is at the heart of what drives me to work at the forefront of technological development – the opportunity to turn science fiction into reality.
- Winner “Desk Controller category” for “Tango 2”, Resolution Awards, 2012.
- Winner “Best product of show” for “The Smart Console” at AES, San Francisco, October 2005.
- Winner “Australian Design Award” for “The Smart Console”, April 2005.
- Winner “Award for Innovation in Media” for “The Smart Console” at NAB, Las Vegas, April 2005.
- Winner “Australian Design Award” for “Postation II”, April 2002.
- I was awarded two university prizes for my work in practical laser physics during my undergraduate degree.
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, C++, C and C#
- Xcode and Objective-C
- Xamarin Studio C# (for cross platform development deploying to iOS, Android, Windows and OSX)
- Unity 3D C# (Deploying to all platforms)
- Beyond Compare, Git, SVN
- Windows, OSX, iOS and Android Operating Systems
- BLE and microcontroller level firmware (C, C++ and assembler) programming
- Graphics (2D and 3D OpenGL) programming
- Java for Android development
- Eclipse and Android Studio IDEs
- Ubuntu Linux Operating System
AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Agile Project Management via Atlassian JIRA, JIRA Agile, Confluence and Stash
- Microsoft Project and OpenProj for traditional project management
GRAPHIC DESIGN AND PHOTOGRAPHY
- DSLR Camera operation and techniques
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Frame Forge 3D Studio 2 (3D Storyboard creation)
VIDEO RECORDING AND EDITING
- DSLR Camera operation and techniques
- Apple Final Cut Pro and DVD Studio Pro.
- Scene Lighting
- Adobe Premier Pro
- Sony Vegas and DVD Architect.
AUDIO RECORDING, EDITING AND MIXING
- Recording and audio engineering techniques (location film and adr, foley and music studio recording)
- Steinberg Nuendo and Cubase
- Abletone Live and Native Instruments Komplete
- Adobe Audition, Soundbooth and OnLocation
- AVID ProTools
- Apple Soundtrack Pro and Logic
- Microsoft Office and Open Office (Word/Writer, Excel/Calc, Power Point/Impress, Visio/Draw)
- Scrivener, Movie Magic Screenwriter 6, Celtx
- English and Croatian
- I’m passionate about space, space exploration, space technology and astronomy.
- I’m addicted to travelling, particularly ocean cruising, scenic driving and walking.
- I love theme parks, rides and immersive experiences.
- I enjoy playing and designing games of any description including; computer, board and card games as well as brain teasers and puzzles.
- I love watching movies, particularly in my state of the art home theatre.
- I also voraciously read books, primarily in the sci-fi, fantasy, thriller and espionage genres.